15 Signs You’re a Sleep Deprived Mum
If you’re reading this, chances are that you’ve experienced the joys of broken sleep, sleep deprivation, or no sleep at all. Sleep deprivation is a common problem that most parents will succumb to at some point. However, when you’re in the eye of the storm, you might not even realise. Read these top 15 signs to find out then, if you’re suffering from these sleep deprivation effects...
- You’re on your sixth coffee of the day (and it’s not even 10am)
- Eating leftovers from your child’s bowl is the new norm.
- You find yourself going to the loo at work, just for a nap!
- There’s a spare rug in the back of your car, just for an opportunity for a 5-minute shut-eye.
- You spend half-an-hour running around the house looking for your glasses, only to find them on your head!
- You wear glasses to the office... you don't need them, they just let you have a five-minute snooze when no-ones looking!
- You drop off your kids at nursery and ask to try out the sleeping mat….
- You find Weetabix in the dishwasher and dirty plates in the cupboard
- You send an email to yourself to remind yourself to put the bins out. When the email pops up you wonder who sent the message.
- You still forget to put the bins out!
- You no longer need a watch, there is only two times. Before Thomas & Friends ™ and after Thomas & Friends on Milkshake!
- Wearing milk-stained tops are the new normal, right?
- You’ve set up an ISA for surgery under the dark circles under your eyes!
- You fall asleep reading nursery rhymes to your child. You’re woken abruptly five minutes later by a very energised baby.
- You can’t remember your mobile number (although you can remember your childhood landline number)