Healthy Christmas Leftover Recipes For the Family
After the feast of Christmas day, there’s the leftover Christmas beef, turkey and ham to look forward to. But let’s be honest, with so much good TV on and relaxing on the sofa taking priority, we just want quick and simply ways to use up the Christmas leftovers.
Here’s three easy Christmas recipes for leftovers that all the family will enjoy, including leftover turkey recipes and ways to use up the leftover Christmas beef, as well as kid friendly-meals for picky eaters UK.
Leftover Turkey Soup
Soup is one of those surprising treats that even fussy eater toddlers seem to enjoy. This is one of our favourite leftover turkey recipes that takes no time at all.
- Heat olive oil and fry up some pancetta
- Next add chopped onion, garlic, carrot, celery and fry until softened.
- Time to add in bortlotti beans and chicken stock
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 10-12 minutes
- Next, strip your leftover turkey up and add it to the pan along with some orzo pasta for a further 10-12 minutes.
- Season and serve with a hunk of crusty bread. What better way to enjoy leftover Christmas turkey!
Leftover Christmas Gammon
We have two fabulous ideas for using up Christmas ham. The first is serving it into a carbonara (see picture below), the second is an absolute winner with diners of all ages - stuffed gammon/ham potato wedge. By far they are one of the easy kid-friendly Christmas recipes for Boxing Day and beyond. When everyone is bored of Christmas turkey, and most definitely sprouts, this is the go-to kid-friendly meal for picky eaters Uk, USA, or wherever in the world you find yourselves.
- Bake potatoes for 40-60 minutes, or until soft
- Cut in half and scoop out the insides carefully, keeping the potato half intact
- Mix the potato with sour cream and chopped up leftover Christmas ham or gammon and season well
- Pack the stuffing into the baked potato half, top with cheese and return to the oven for a further 10-15 minutes
- Take out of the oven and voila – you’ve got a delicious and hearty meal all the family will enjoy!
Leftover Christmas beef – tinsel tacos!
Christmas beef is up there with Christmas ham, but if you’re anything like us, there’s always plenty of leftovers. This is when our leftover Christmas beef taco recipe is best enjoyed.
- Cut up vegetables including carrot, onion, peppers and fry until golden
- Grab a couple of pickled onions and chop finely
- Take your (nacho style) taco and heat quickly in the oven for less than a minute
- Cut your Christmas beef into thin strips and reheat for a few seconds in the microwave
- Add your vegetable layer and strips of beef to the taco
- Finish with pickled onion topping, coriander garnish and a dollop of sour cream, delish and one of the more healthy Christmas Leftover Recipes too.
Enjoy this post? Then you'll enjoy finding out nine benefits of playing with trains and cars here.